Which Educational Toy Is Just Right?
"Which educational toy is right?" is a question I've heard so many times.
You see, many parents only want what's best for their child. And that's what I
hope to answer here.
For your child, play is self-development and discovery... and toys
are the essential tools.
We aim to find fun, playful and laughter ways
for kids to develop their talents and master new skills. You'll only find
accurate and practical opinions, advice and tips to help you make an informed
decision about what's most likely best for your child.
We include tips and suggestions, as well as articles with a bit of meaty
background. You'll also find several product reviews covering everything from
toys for babies to games for teenagers.
But before we start, let's just
make sure we are all talking about the same
thing when referring to learning or educational toys... especially since much
unnecessary confusion is currently created in the market.
About educational toys...
Kids learn because they play!
They're playthings for fun, laughter and enjoyment
while gradually and discreetly teaching much-needed new skills and abilities.
And sometimes they're used to reinforce and further improve skills already
short... in kids' world play help them learn about themselves and their
surroundings... and educational toys are
the tools they use to do that.
Nowadays these toys are so cleverly designed that
their feel, size, shapes, colors, interactions and the way our child handles and
plays with them encourages specific physical and mental actions. These toys
bring out a specific response from our child... which is precisely what we want.
What exactly do these toys do?
And these actions are specific skills our child must learn and master during their
formative years to gain a complete range of capabilities. And obviously, the more our
child plays with these toys, the stronger his brain's neural pathways are developed.
Correctly selected learning toys can be fun aids to help development of:
Here, we'll look at all of that.
But just where did we get our experience and information about these learning
How it started
Many years ago my wife, an occupational therapist, was asked by a leading
university's Department of Pediatrics to start an educational toy library...
one of the first of its kind at the time. A lot was learned from visiting
various manufacturers, distributors, therapists using these playthings for
developmental purposes and parents. Today, still, that toy library is
running and fully operational and still serving little ones!
course, we also evaluated the results we and others saw in therapy
sessions. And we looked at scholastic performance with our older children. Advice from our parents
also guided much of the day-to-day decisions with these educational toys. But we've decided not to report on
all those technical details.
We'll rather keep things simple, informative and, hopefully, easy to find.
We also started receiving new toys to review and to report on. I, an engineer, had to
step up my knowledge of toy safety, plastics, manufacturing, durability, colors and more. And
reached the point where advice and inputs from other folks, particularly
occupational, physio- and speech therapists, were also needed and in the end obtained. Their experience and
contributions are also condensed somewhere on these pages.
You have a responsibility to guide your child's development... and that
includes choosing the right and best toys to help with the task.
So, come in and look around at the fun and learning world of these toys!
We're still busy upgrading our look and feel... but the contents
remain the same.
Table of Contents
- Educational Toy Blog
- The Educational Toy Blog is a mini-record of everything that happens on our site, Educational-Toy-Guide.com
- Educational Infant Toys - A Quick Guide for Selecting the Best Ones
- Educational infant toys must be playthings babies enjoy and have fun with. But you'd surely be doing your child a disservice if her toys do not also help achieve her developmental goals. Here are a few suggestions for age appropriate toys you may want to consider.
- Educational Toys for Toddlers
- Finding the "best" educational toys for toddlers is sometimes difficult. But it is definitely possible to find the right toy to give hours of fun AND a great learning experience... which we think is much better value for money.
- Kindergarten toy - Best, educational ones easily
- Finding the right kindergarten toy for developing much-needed skills before school can be quite easy. Here are a few ideas...
- Best Educational Toys for Preschoolers
- Educational toys for preschoolers are important parts of an environment that constantly teaches our children, especially if we are looking to develop our their full potential.
- How Children's Educational Toys Develop Essential Learning Skills
- Playing with the right children's educational toys is probably one of the best & fun ways to learn and develop specific learning skills... for babies, toddlers, preschoolers and older kids.
- Educational Kid Games that Really Make Learning fun
- Educational Kid Games are proven fun ways of teaching and developing kids' skills. However, knowing which game to choose still remains the biggest challenge for parents. Here are some suggestions.
- Educational Learning Toys: Selecting the Best Ones for every Age
- Educational learning toys are known to give some development benefit to kids. However, the trick lies in choosing the right age-appropriate toys with the most potential.
- Select Kids Educational Toys for Mastering Vital Skills
- Kids educational toys hold the keys to teach and improve various skills. Make their learning fun and you will not have to force your child on the path of knowledge ever again.
- Educational Toy Articles - All About Using Creative & Fun Toys
- We've put together a collection of our most popular educational toy articles looking at creative and fun things about toys.
- Educational Toy Tips
- I'd like to share a few educational toy tips which I believe are great shortcuts to finding great toys and getting the most from them.
- Educational toy recommendations - only after endlessly seeking the very
- Educational toy recommendations - only after we've sought and found the very best ones.
- Educational Toy Reviews: Sharing What Toys Are Great
- Educational toy reviews discover, explore and tell you about great toys on the market. We all know the best toys engage a child's senses, spark their imaginations and encourage them to interact with others. That's why we're constantly looking for new and original toys for all ages.
- Best Toy Stores Online
- "What are the best toy stores online?" is a question we've been asked quite a few times. Now, coming up with the 'best' store is always difficult, especially when we don't always agree as to what exactly is expected. Nevertheless, we simplified things a bit and came up with 6 online stores which we consider the best.
- Teaching Baby to Crawl: Educational toys and tips
- Despite what many parent believe, teaching baby to crawl can be done by cleverly using a few educaitonal toys, tips and techniques. Here are a few suggestions...
- 5 Wooden Toy Castles Kids Always Want
- Wooden toy castles somehow hold a kind of magic to keep children occupied for hours on end. Here are a few great ones always in demand...
- Top Baby Toys for 0-24 month olds
- The top baby toys I've listed below, is what I believe to be some of the best "evergreen" educational aids for babies.
- Best Baby Learning Toys - A Shortcut Guide
- What exactly are you looking for when asking for baby learning toys - here is a shortcut guide to select educational toys
- Crawling Tunnels Are Fun to Help Baby Crawl
- Crawling tunnels are another great way to encourage tummy time and crawling with young ones. They're also favorites with toddlers for other playful activities
- 7 Alphabet Toys for Playfully Teaching Kids to Read
- Reading is an integral part of almost any education plan... and alphabet toys are probably one of the easiest and fun ways to teach your kid the basic skills.
- Soft Blocks Build Learning Kids
- Soft blocks seem to be part of all child's development. They are fairly cheap, safe for any young one and offer unique development stimulation .
- Best Toys for Babies: a 5 Minute Guide to the best ones per age
- Although it’s near impossible to pinpoint the best toys for babies, I’ve nevertheless tried to highlight the 20 best ones per age category. This gives you some indication of the earliest suitable age for each of the listed toys.
- Educational Toys for Infants: How to Select the Best Ones
- Most parents find it very challenging to buy educational toys for infants without some kind of rough guideline. Here is one that looks at 5 keys areas to ensure you get very good educational value-for-money.
- Evergreen Toddler Climbing Toys
- A little known secret for finding the best toddler climbing toys is to select age specific ones. Here are a few tips for finding the best ones...
- Educational Building Toys for Kids
- Educational building toys are some of the best playthings for endless creative and imaginative play... and teaching and improving vital development skills
- Science Educational Toys - the fun way for teaching math and science
- I am an avid believer that the best solution for encouraging an interest in science and math comes in the form of selected science educational toys. Here are a few brilliant toy discoveries to help achieve this goal.
- Contact Educational Toy Guide
- Here's how to contact Educational Toy Guide without being spammed.